Rotary collaborates with international, governmental, and university groups to tackle global humanitarian issues.
- Polio: Rotary is a spearheading partner in the Global Polio Eradication Initiative to end polio, along with the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNICEF, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Peace and conflict resolution: The Rotary Peace Centers program develops leaders who are catalysts for peace and conflict resolution locally and globally. Rotary Peace Fellows receive a master’s degree or complete a certificate program at one of our six partner universities.
- Water and sanitation: Rotary and the S. Agency for International Development work together to support water and sanitation projects through the RI/USAID International H2O Collaboration.
Explore Rotary’s partnerships
WORKING WITH PARTNERS
Rotary’s relationship with the following partners opens the door for Rotarians to work with them directly:
- Dollywood Foundation’s Imagination Library for literacy
- Global FoodBanking Network for hunger
- Peace Corps for promoting peace
- ShelterBox for disaster relief
- YSA (Youth Service America) for youth involvement
OUR STRATEGIC PARTNERS
Rotary has formed strategic partnerships with the following organizations to offer service opportunities:
- UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education
- World Vision
UNITED NATIONS AND NONGOVERNMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS
Rotary appoints representatives each year to UN bodies and NGOs worldwide. Rotary’s representatives meet regularly with officers and staff from international agencies to:
- Discuss parallel concerns and potential areas for cooperation
- Inform organizations about Rotary’s programs
- Gather information about the developments and programs of other groups